Divorce her and buy a K3. Return the Flex.

On 1/3/2012 6:42 PM, W2BLC wrote:
I have either already tried the suggestions or have this evening - to no avail.

I spent some time in removing the 3000 from its new home on my radio desk an placed it on a stool well away from everything else. Ran only power, FireWire, audio out, and a mic to it. Of course it is grounded.

Same results as when it was on my desk. Just wasted another hour or so of time.

This was a Christmas present from the XYL - and she is so very sorry she bought it for me. Those are her words. In all my years of hamming, I have never experienced anything as difficult to work with as this radio.