Your right of course Bill. After the HK0 quit, I thought about it some more on my end and came to your conclusion. I should have used the old brain before putting the post on the reflector.
73s Jim K4JAF

-----Original Message----- From: Ray, K9DUR
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:24 AM
To: 'Jim Cox' ; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] MultiRX

Jim,

This is normal, & logical if you think about it.

On receive, there is a pair of high-speed audio streams (the I & Q signals)
sent over the firewire from the radio to the PC.  These cover a range of
frequencies around the VFO frequency.  The width of this range of
frequencies is limited by the sampling rate & is reflected by the range of
frequencies visible on the panadapter.  To hear anything outside of that
range, you MUST change the VFO frequency.  Remember that the FLEX-5000 & the
FLEX-3000 radios are full duplex & you CANNOT change the VFO frequency
without changing the TX frequency also.

Bottom line -- if it cannot be seen on the panadapter, you cannot hear it.

MultiRX is great for listening to the pileup on all bands EXCEPT 40m.  There
you need RX2.

Remember

73, Ray, K9DUR
http://k9dur.info