Brett, reading your QRZ page was a real blast from the past for me. I
never had an AM rig like yours, but the guy who got me into ham radio,
W0AJU, had one that was similar. A pair of 813s in push-pull for the
RF deck (plug-in coils of course, swinging-link antenna coupling),
modulated by a pair of 250THs. He had a 20M beam out back on a
telephone pole, rotated by a WW2 surplus prop-pitch motor. He worked
250+ with that rig and an old Hammarlund receiver. When he talked the
250TH plates glowed cherry red and their light fluctuated with the
audio -- and so did the eerie blue glow from the mercury-vapor
rectifiers. And of course like all hams in those days, he was a CW
monster with a rusty Vibroplex bug.

73,
Tony KT0NY

--