Which tuner are you trying to tune? The internal tuner in the F3K or an external tuner?

The reason higher power levels are allowed when tuning is some external ATUs and amps need more than 10 watts.

We also use TUNe at 100 watts into a dummy load to verify the PA maximum output without have to hook up a key in CW mode to do it.

Tim Ellison, W4TME
Product Management, Sales & Support
FlexRadio Systems^(TM)
4616 W Howard Ln, Suite 1-150