Hello around

sorry for my gonzo mail header :) But i was really shocked when my Quadra
amplifier tripped completely while sending cw and the last shown power was
1380 watts!! The overpower protection from my powermaster meter opened the
ptt and nothing strange happens.

Without the amplifier i got 150 watt out on 40m cw measured with the
powermaster with good 1:1.05 SWR!! Normally i drive the amp with 35 watt
(the driveslider shows 38 the whole time) and i changed nothing, i did a
few contacts a few minutes before!?

No, i changed something! I installed CW Skimmer to look how the new 96/192
khz feature works.

When i stopped CW skimmer i was back to 35 watt output. Investigating my CW
Skimmer setup, i found that i configured the audio settings not completely.
I set Soundcard Driver to WDM and Signal I/O Device to my Virtual Audio
Cable for receiving the I/O signal from PowerSDR (2.3.5). I didn't touch
the Audio I/O Device, it shows 'FlexRadio Audio'. When i change this to
another device like the 2nd Virtual Audio Cable used for transmitting all
works well. It seems that CW Skimmer sends his audio output directly to the
PSDR tx chain. Changing the audio volume in CW Skimmer to 0 gives me normal
38 watt output moving the slider up it mixes something to my cw signal.

I did not find a right explanation for this 'FlexRadio Audio' device. Is it
right that this device can transmit and override all regulations, including
agc, completely? Is it possible that any other windows program could use it
while i am transmitting?
Where is a control for this FlexRadio Audio Device?

This will be a explanation for some more short amplifier trippings since i
installed PSDR 2.3.5, but did not figure out what happens. This behaviour
was not seen with PSDR 2.2.3

Thanks you for any comment!

Tom, DF2LH