            (Installed VSPE and works perfect no timeouts all day.)

Or is it more then this?   Do I have to uninstall vspMGR?  ??

John Vandenberg, ve3dvv

On 3/13/2012 1:00 PM, flexradio-requ...@flex-radio.biz wrote:
------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:06:07 -0400
From: "David Edwards"<w...@verizon.net>
To:<flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Subject: [Flexradio] CAT problem partially solved

I've tried everything to get vspMGR to work and not time out. Thanks to Jim KJ2P who
alerted me to "Zombie ports" Nothing I do completely deletes the Eltima ports
from Win 7 64 bit. You delete ports from vspMGR (Ran as admin) they don't go away. You go
into control panel and uninstall the drivers. They disappear from the device manager.
Next reboot they are back. Then you uninstall the ports again and next reboot they are
back with the yellow exclamation mark.

This is not an indictment of vspMGR or Eltima. Most likely the blame lies with
Win7 64 bit and of course it could be operator error but I usually find my dumb
mistakes within a day. This has gone on for over a week. Once I find out why
those ports have 9 lives I'll try vspMGR again.

Installed VSPE and works perfect no timeouts all day.

Thanks to all who helped and recommended VSPE.

de WB1S

Message: 3