I think the amp should protect itself from damaging overdrive, rather than
relying on feedback from the outside exciter.  Feedback will always be delayed
to some amount and relying on ALC must result in compressing or clipping the
peaks.  Damaging overdrive should not be a routine occurrence and should result
in shutdown and cool off period. I guess I have drunk the lemonade. Jim