Hi,

A non-ham friend has been having issues with his computer's Firewire,
similar to those which can happen to the Flex. He does video and audio
editing for some of the churches and schools here.  Applying the techniques
and software discussed here, we have found, after updating the drivers,
BIOS, system and NIC power options, etc, that it is working much better.
However, it still gets hammered when there is network access, though now it
seldom fails to recover.  That is solution enough.  He just disables his
internet when editing.

However, since the NIC is on the Dell motherboard, we have been wondering if
a PCIe card might solve the problem?  They are cheap enough to try.  Google
knows all, and I have looked back through these messages and the KB, but are
there any _current_ Ethernet card recommendations?  He is using WIN7, 32
bit.

Alan
WA4SCA