This is the unfortunate reality that comes with purchasing equipment that
depends on third party software and hardware in order for it to continue
running. This is new territory for many of us. Flex is unable to control this
aspect and I appreciate that they've continued as promised to include the
SDR1000 in the PowerSDR upgrades. I hope that those of us who have been
successful with the SDR1000 on a new computer (2012 and beyond) would post
specifics about their installation with regard to soundcard, drivers, parellel
port and firewire cards, OS version, cables and any gotchas that were
encountered. The radio may be obsolete but it continues to work great for me
and the transmit audio is second to none.

Edwin Marzan
AB2VW