From: "Robert Costa, KB6QXM" <kb6...@yahoo.com>
To: "Jerry Coufal" <jerr...@comcast.net>, flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Saturday, June 2, 2012 6:18:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] VU5K End of Production Notice Questions

A large number of spares depends on how many units have been sold and the MTBF
of the identified spare parts, especially the critical parts that have been
discontinued.

Not a simple remove and replace, the future of the VU5k will take someone to
troubleshoot the problems down to the component level. Oh joy!

I just wish that Flex would have designed around the long lead time parts. They
did not, so the ones that own the VU5k will have to deal with the circumstance
and hope that their module does not fail.

73,
Robert
KB6QXM
"Ham Radio Open Conversation"