Alas, it appears that the Dell M5520 has been replaced by the M5530, which
has no firewire interface. :-(

Things happen quickly in the consumer computer market.

73,

Mickey

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Duane Reese <du...@dmreese.com> wrote:

> I just bought a new Dell Latitude M5520, it is a core 3 machine and it has
> Firewire port as well as a mini PC Express card slot that takes the Flex
> recommended Firewire Card.
>

> It runs my Flex 5000 with no issues.   There are still notebooks and plenty
> of desktop PC's out there that support the Firewire interface.
>

> Duane

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.