The PC came from the manufacturer with 3GB. The configuration is two 1GB sticks and two 512MB sticks occupying all four slots. It worked fine that way for the last few years and only recently started exhibiting this behavior. I first ran a 5K with it which I had to sell and then later a 1500 which I eventually ended up selling because I thought I was getting a 3000 but "life" intervened and that never happened. The erratic behavior of the PC started sometime after the 1500 was sold. Now that it looks like I'm going to be able to get a new 1500, I wanted to sort it out if I can. I appreciate everyone's suggestions but the PC is several years old and I'm due an upgrade. I've always built my own PC's in the past, this was my first "name brand" in quite sometime. I think I'm just going to pull my new PSU and my drives out and put them in a new case with a new mobo, processor and memory. I have been corresponding with Neal about that, hope I haven't driven him crazy with questions. As I said, I've built PC's in the past but building an SDR PC is a slightly different animal. Neal has already steered me away from what I originally though about getting. He has suggested components but I'm still trying to work the price down enough to satisfy the CFO ( XYL)
Thanks everyone,
MIchael, W4HIJ