The current limiting of the power supply is well above 5 amps, so adding the
fuse might be a good idea. Otherwise, the supply should work fine.

73 - Mike WA8BXN

-------Original Message-------

From: Thomas Bewick

Date: 11/24/12 14:43:20

To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz

Subject: [Flexradio] Flex 1500 power supply

Greetings group,

I am just reading through the installation instructions for the Flex 1500

in anticipation of getting mine that I just ordered yesterday and I see it

calls for a 1.5A power supply. I have a Samlex SEC-1223 power supply that I

had for my Yaesu FT-450 that is a 23 amp supply. In

my experience a radio will only draw what it needs, but it also says in the

flex 1500 instructions to add a 5 amp fuse if the power supply is not

current limiting. Any reason I should not use this for the 1500? It does

say that the SEC-1223 has "current limiting, short circuit protection and

over voltage protection".

Thanks, Tom N2BEW