Welcome to urban noise pollution!  At least that's my best guess.  I have
switch mode power supplies in my house along with the PWM motor controller
on my furnace that make noise like that.  The one I had that acted exactly
like yours was a SMPS powering my security cameras.  The frequency changes
with minor variations in the load, which causes the drifting you see, and
the long wires feeding my cameras make great transmitting antennas.  You
can track down and reduce or eliminate the noise coming from your own
house, but then you'll start picking it up from the neighborhood and beyond.