To Robert's question about a balun or un-un at the feedpoint, I have recently
installed a Balun Designs unit on my OCF. The quality of the workmanship is
very impressive; I really recommend their work. A good choking device at the
feed (exactly what kind is determined by your antenna style) can go a long way.

Also -- good quality coax, with a high percentage of braid coverage is a must.
With good connectors properly soldered completely. Even for your short jumpers
(tuner to rig, etc). At the shack end, an effective SINGLE POINT ground is
important, too. No daisy-chained grounds.

As others have mentioned, shielded cables in the shack (like the Granite
firewire) help a lot. RF is sneaky. Coil up unused speaker leads (or cut and
re-terminate). Ferrite beads are cheap bonuses. You can even add them to the
coax at the shack end. Experimenting will lead to happiness...eventually.

73,

George J Molnar
Las Vegas, USA

Amateur Radio: KF2T