From: FlexRadio [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Robert
Costa
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:46 AM
To: Flex Radio List; Flexedge
Subject: [Flexradio] Product Decision

All,

As many of you have read and are probably tired of hearing, I am chasing down
my RF ingress issues
into my Flex 5000a, which seem to be even acting up on 40 meters and above now.

As part of my potential solution, I will be purchasing a isolation choke. I had
decided on a
product, when a friend of mine pointed to another product that is almost 1/3
the cost. Now I do
believe in the old adage that you get what you pay for.

I was on the phone with Bob from Balun Designs. He suggested a dual core
1115DU. The cost is $79.00
plus shipping. The item has great characteristics as far as SWR, line loss and
choking impedance
from 160-10 meters.

My friend in a QSO last night suggested the MFJ-915. This item is only 29.99.
It consists of a
bunch of ferrite beads. As it is MFJ, I do not expect them to publish any
specifications or sweeps
from a spectrum analyzer.

Hs anyone dealt with either one of these products or both? Can you give me your
honest opinion
on the performance versus cost analysis?

Thank you and 73

Robert
KB6QXM