Bob:

Without going into all the details:

1.       The wall plate (aluminum) is attached to a #4 copper wire that is
connected to a ground rod just outside the shack.  This wire then extends
underground to and circles the tower and continues underground to a vertical
antenna.  There are five additional ground rods (all mechanically bonded to
the #4 wire) around the tower with three of them attaching directly to the
tower legs and additional ground rod (also mechanically bonded to the #4
wire) at the base of the vertical antenna.

2.       No.

3.       Ground Floor.

4.       Short, a few feet.  See #1.