Could possibly be calibration. Try restoring default settings, disconnecting all antennas and pressing Ctrl+Shift+P to bring up the calibration program. Run all standard tests which will take about 15 minutes to recalibrate your radio on all bands.

If that doesn't do it you probably have a local noise source. Start turning things off, switching power supplies, fluorescent lighting, TV sets, etc., to see if you can isolate it. My noise floor on 15M today is about -133 dBm. Some days its higher depending on atmospheric conditions and the direction of my antenna but it sure is nice when it's quiet like today.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Robert Costa, KB6QXM wrote:
All,

On my 5000a, I compare my noise floor on 15 meters compared with all other
bands. The15 meters noise floor is about 20 db higher than all other bands. Any
clues?  Calibration issue?

Any ideas?

73,
Robert