OK, I just captured three photos that show how the noise appears on the
display.
Two show the "no noise" condition with Mic input disabled, and enabled with
level set to 0
The third photo shows what happens when the Mic input is enabled, and the
level is increased. The level reaches the shown amplitude once the input
level is set to 40% or higher.

DRIVE was set to 0
Even with DRIVE set to normal level, no output is indicated on the RF PWR
meter.
Photos can be viewed at the link below.

http://s922.beta.photobucket.com/user/njscan/library/Flex%205000%20Audio%20Chain%20Noise

I'd be interested to see how many people can duplicate this. It's easy to
try:
Set your display to Panadapter
Set DRIVE to 0
Disconnect your microphone
Disable all audio sources in the MIXER window
Key your transmitter
It should show virtually no output on the Panadapter display

Now ...
With NO mic connected
Open the Mixer and enable the mic of your choice
Set the level to 50, or higher
Key the transmitter
Does your Panadapter show the "noise"

If I listen to myself on another receiver it sounds like 60hz, but my power
supply is clean.
Unlike one of the other reports, I have not received any reports of bad
audio.
I'm very curious to see if others can reproduce this, especially if you are
not using 2.5.3

--
*Best 73 de WA2SQQ
Elmwood Park, NJ

"The only dumb questions are those we don't ask"*