Please folks, the Heros VLF converter is vastly more sophisticated than the
lower priced units with limited filtering from Palomar (which I own) or
Jackson Harbor or the others. The Heros is very fairly priced.

Still, most of us will NOT benefit from the Heros unless we're in an area of
very high RF density. My $89 Palomar works great with my 5000.

Here are details on the impressive Heros VLF converter:
http://herostechnology.co.uk/pdf/VLF_LF_Converter_brochure_web.pdf

Regarding the Heros preselector: that's another waste for almost all U.S.
hams. But maybe a nice addition if you live in rf-noisy downtown London.

Jeff K0OD