I have recently started experiencing a problem with my FlexControl knob.

Until recently, when turning the knob to change frequency, it operated in a smooth and very satisfactory manner. However, in the last couple of days, the knob's movement has become very jerky no matter how slow or fast you turn the knob. It even occasionally backs up in frequency a little as you try to go forward.

I haven't changed anything in the hardware or software for a long time, although I did download and install the latest version of DDUtil today to see if that would help the problem. It didn't help. The knob's jerky action exists whether it is controlled either by DDUtil or by PowerSDR. I verified that PowerSDR's Auto Detect is not selected when I control the knob solely via DDUtil and that the Enable box is unchecked in DDUtil when I try to solely control the knob via PowerSDR.

I am using a Flex-3000 with PowerSDR 2.5.3, and DDUTil 2.1.1.02.

Any suggestions to correct the FlexControl's jerky action would be appreciated. I suspect that it may be a USB problem - it is on COM20.

Thanks,
Gary Robertson
W5SAT
groberts...@austin.rr.com