From: FlexRadio [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Don
Sachnoff
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:56 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz; pete...@osr.com
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Acronis Backup

Peter

I couldn't agree with you more.  I am doing exactly what you are doing and
in particular item 4 is critical as is item 3.

Don

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:03:31 -0400
From: "Peter G. Viscarola" <pete...@osr.com>
To: "FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz" <FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz>

Acronis is a VERY good package.  But like all backup packages, it depends on
you to set it up wisely:

1) Don't allow incremental or differential chains to go on forever.
Personally, I do full backups after every 5 incrementals.  Your needs may
vary.

2) RUN THE VERIFICATION STEP.  Backup software wants to impress you with how
fast it runs.  So, by default, they all leave the "verify" step OFF.  Turn
it ON.

3) Monitor the results.  Acronis will send email with the log for each
backup job.  Reading the log email for the systems I backup at home is one
of the first things I do every morning.

4) Test your backups.  Restore something every now and again... just to be
sure.  This step helps me sleep well.

Peter
K1PGV