That doesn't make any sense-- the actual contact portion of the Power Pole lug is the same on the 15, 30 & 45 amp versions. The only substantive difference is the size of wire that can crimped in. A 15 amp lug can carry 45 amps if you can attach a suitable wire to it. Obviously, it's best to use the correct lug for your wire size, but you don't need to worry about the current carrying capability of the lug itself.

If you see differences in the contact portion of the lug in either the width, length or thickness of the contact area, is there a chance you got a Chinese knockoff?

Steve WA7DUH