On 3/26/2013 10:02 AM, ke...@3950.net wrote:
Hi --

I just upgraded to PowerSDR 2.5.3 (was running 2.3.5 with no
problems) with my SDR-1000 and Windows XP.

Everything went smoothly during the install.

At any rate, the rig now acts like the antenna is disconnected. I
can tune around, change modes and gain etc., but just hear residual
noise at about -150 dB.

Reverting to my restore point and running 2.3.5 again, I have the
same problem. Has my hardware been damaged?

Any ideas?

73,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
[...]

The problem is solved, I think. I had to power recycle the transceiver itself _twice_. The first time, apparently, something odd happened, perhaps because I used the Astron's power switch instead of the one on the rig, and it came back up in a strange state.

Whew.

73,

Kevin, WB4AIO.