I have been using a Dual core Dell with XP since I got my 5K. Some computer
issues involving VAC have caused me to start looking at a new computer. A
friend loaned me machine he built with an AMD 4 core processer and, of course,
Windows 7.

First, I hate the Windows 7 Control Panel. The type is so small it's hard to
read. I DO have some visual difficulty. And I miss all the little icons that
were there on the XP Control Panel

If I change the font size from anything but the smallest, when I bring up Power
SDR (2.5.3), the screen is truncated so that some of the things on the right
and bottom, are not there. The meters are also missing some of the verbiage
(for example, no dBm) after the value on the signal level meters. If I change
to the largest font, the screen is even more truncated, with more stuff not
visible.

Is this problem generic to Windows 7?  I see no such behavior with XP.

Any help or suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks ES 73,

Bill Tynan, W3XO