I too had that problem and have opened a ticket.  Went back to v2.5.3 and
all appears well.  Running Windows 8 64-bit.

Tim  N9RO

-----Original Message-----
From: FlexRadio [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Ulf
Holt
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 11:17 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] 64-bit driver PowerSDR 2.6.4

I tried to upgrade PowerSDR on my computer running Windows 8, but could not
connect to my Flex-5000A after the upgrade. I opened a service ticket and
was informed that there might have been a problem programming the EEPROM,
and I was afraid I had to send in the radio to have it repaired. I then
removed 2.6.4 and installed the 2.5 version. After reboot I turned on the
radio and observed that the FireWire driver was installed, and the radio
worked perfect. Looks like there might be a problem loading the new driver
on 64-bit Windows 8. Has anyone made this work?

73 de LA2SL, Ulf