I don't think their use of the word legacy is meant in the context of
obsolete, even though that is "one" of the definitions.  I believe it
is meant that they are the predecessor of their latest technology.

"anything handed down from the past, as from an ancestor or
predecessor:" (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/legacy)

73
Greg