First you need the RX2 module installed in the FLEX-5000 and a separate antenna connected to it (RX2-IN) that is diverse from the RX1 antenna in either polarity and/or distance apart (at least 1/2 wavelengthon the frequency of interest.

You can do basic diversity by syncing the VFOs and panning the audio from RX1 and RX2 into the left and right speaker (headphones) and allow your brain to do the "DSP" to recover the strongest signal.

Or you can use the ESC feature in PowerSDR to do synchronous diversity which is beam steering (weak signal enhancement) or null forming (rejection of an offending signal) on the receive passband.

Tim Ellison