On 4/30/2013 5:22 AM, on4...@telenet.be wrote:
Kevin,

I would either suspect the anti-virus program or potentially also a faulty hard
drive (or at least may be some bad sectors on the drive).
The latter can be checked through a windows disk check utility, the former I
would exclude the database directory from the real-time scanning or if that
would prove to be too difficult to do, disable the anti virus all together
(just for the sake of the test).
Please also check all drivers are up to date.

Guy

Thanks, Guy. Will check the hard drive (though it is brand new) and the drivers. I don't think it's the anti-virus, as it is Avast and I know several other Flexers who use it without problems.

Maybe a fresh install is called for, too.

Still working on it,

Kevin.

----- Oorspronkelijk e-mail -----
Van: ke...@3950.net
Aan: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Verzonden: Maandag 29 april 2013 17:22:31
Onderwerp: [Flexradio] Constant database corruption

I recently installed a Flex 5000 at a friend's station -- PowerSDR
2.5.3, Windows 7, i5 motherboard, 16 GB, TI firewire chipset.

The rig works beautifully when started up, but after a day or two,
sometimes less, PowerSDR crashes (it doesn't stop responding, but
the radio loses its ability to transmit or receive). Before it
crashes, odd things happen:

1. Receive bandwidths get reset to odd values, for example 3.4 kHz
gets set to 100 Hz or sometimes plus and minus 2 kHz. No pattern,
just seems crazy.

2. Received signals get an odd and continuous "buzz modulation" --
this only happened once.

3. Transmit bandwidth settings get changed or become unadjustable.

Several other things change too, but there's really no consistent
pattern -- just crazy values seem to creep into many settings. RF
ingress isn't the culprit, as refraining from transmitting doesn't help.

A database import clears the problem -- for a day or two, then it
starts all over again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin, WB4AIO.