Flexers:

 

I have a Flex-3000 purchased in Feb 2011.  The Flex3000 is a great
transceiver, but sometimes PowerSDR 2.3.5 is a little beyond my
abilities. I have the following problem and before I call Flex support
I thought I would pass it by the list for comments, suggestions, and
perhaps a fix.

 

The problem:

1.      The output power is 0 watts.
2.      The Mic gain is set at 36.
3.      When using the Mic or MOX mode the reading is -30db with some
slight variation when PTT is pressed but it quickly settles to -30 dB.

What I have checked:

1.      Mixer Preamp is checked and is at Maximum.
2.      When the mic gain (on the Flex Display) is advanced to Max the
mic reading is at -16 db. Output noise has increased in level.
3.      The Tune function provides 10 watts on forward power reading
and is so indicated in the Setup.
4.      ATU appears to tune 20 - 1 into a dummy load and into a 24
foot GP Vertical.
5.      I have checked the equalizer and then is no change when
transmit mic is enabled and moved to max.
6.      When the equalizer Receiver preamp is increased, the output
increases in volume.
7.      I've googled this problem and checked various other items,
including Power Supply Voltage which was 13.9 volts and temperature at
33.
8.      I reset the Software to Default with no change.
9.      I have also recently incorporated a replacement Heil ProSet
HC-6 which worked great just prior to this problem.
10.     I substituted another mic in place of the Heil and there was
no change in the reading on the Mic output.

 

Offline contact can be made through [email protected]

 

 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and my thanks in advance.

 

Wally Grantham

KI4VPD

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to