Thus far my grounding scheme has worked well.  Keep in mind that Central
Florida is the lightning capitol of the whole world so we get plenty of
opportunities for loss.

I installed a Siemens whole-house surge protector and similar surge
protector on the broadband cable where it enters the house.  Be sure to
tell the cable provider that you have done so or the technician will remove
it if s/he comes on a service call.  I use Brickwall surge protectors on
the 15 and 20 amp outlets in the shack and, in addition, an ICE line
isolator on the radios.  Polyphasers on all the coax, all gear bonded to a
heavy copper buss which, in turn, is connected to a star ground system
consisting of 5 8' copper-plated steel ground rods.  Surge protectors on
all the CAT6 lines between my cable modem, wireless router, and radio.
Copper-fiber-copper is better but pricey.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Jim Jannuzzo <jsqu...@msn.com> wrote:

> So- how did that grounding system work for your shack?
> Jim KJ2P
>
> > Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:33:27 -0400
> > From: nealk...@gmail.com
> > To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
> > Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Abroham Neal Lightning. Strike
> >
> > Comcast says they will not fix until next Tuesday so five business days I
> > am stranded because of their problem.
> >
> > I am verklemp.
> > On Jun 27, 2013 10:50 AM, "Neal Campbell" <nealk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > We got a lightning hit yesterday and have no internet nor phone
> service.
> > > Please give good thoughts that Comcast repairs our service!
> > >
> > > 73
> > > Ne

> http://www.flexradio.com/

I can explain it for you, but I can't comprehend it for you.