Rick,
If your using CW via a com port connection,, It could be that for some reason the FlexControl and CW key ( or some other device) is trying to use the same come port. I suggest you open the windows device manager and try a determine which comports are being used by what.
  Just a guess in the dark..

Al, K0VM

On 7/21/2013 12:00 PM, flexradio-requ...@flex-radio.biz wrote:
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:58:46 -0400
From: Richard Lawn<rjl...@gmail.com>
To:"flexradio@flex-radio.biz"  <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Subject: [Flexradio] CW Key & FlexControl Intermittent

I've encountered some issues with my CW key and FlexControl. Sometimes they
work and other times they do not. I just rebooted the computer when the
flexcontroller was not recognized. On reboot the controller was working
just fine but my CW key is not working which has happened before. Any
suggestions?
Rick
W2JAZ