Hi Johnnie,

Psk-31 can be perplexing as it does not have any FEC capability and the AM
variations in the PSKOV signal can mess up the signal to noise ratio.  Also
things like Faraday rotation and differential arrival times of the signal do
affect PSK in that they cause phase angle errors.

If you use the Panascope view and optimize the audio for best s/n by adjusting
the audio path for max gain at min distortion and keep the RF gain at max it
seems to improve but Mine is still not perfect but not garbage.

If you think of PSK as an FM signal with very little deviation and treat it as
such it will help.

I also find I have fewer errors on PSK 63 and 125 and the one try I have had at
64F was pretty clean too.

73,

Tom K5VOU

Sent from my iPad