I assume your Flex-1500 was connected directly to the Surface Pro rather than using it remotely. By the way that can't be done with the 3K or 5K radios because there is no Firwire interface for it. I'd like to understand why you would max out 4GB of ram. My shack desktop (a Dell Vostro 420 with a 4 core processor) has only 4GB of ram and I am running PowerSDR, 7 of the 8 DXLab applications, CW Skimmer, PstRotatorAZ, and Google Earth. With all of that only 55% of my 4GB is utilized. Why would the Surface Pro be maxed out with only PowrSDR, DM-780 and Logbook running on it? Is DM-780 or Logbook really chewing up all that memory?

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Barry Winters wrote:
I have also run the Flex radios from a Surface Pro tablet. The surface has 4GB
ram and runs Win 8 Pro x64. The major weakness is screen size and ram. The size
of type faces is quite small-not bad if only a foot from eyes but more
difficult if sitting on table so you can use a keyboard. Their is some
occasional very short freezing as RAM gets maxed out (running SDR, DM-780 and
Logbook).