Let me add my two cents....the 3000 is superb.  I have no experience with the
K3 and only limited time logged with a KX3.  The K3 is more expensive than the
3000 and  its pan adaptor is available as an option as is its tuner. Transmit
audio is about the same on both rigs. Receivers essentially equal.  SRD better
than knobs to me.   No brainer....the 3000 at about $1700  wins in this
comparison, hands down.  Its only down side is six interconnects (power
speakers, antenna, mic, firewire card, power supply, linear keying) which have
been problematic here is Florida with lightening issues.  Mine is not grounded
and works quite well with the 7th possible transient spike inducer eliminated.
Get the Flex....you can't go wrong!
Jim Broaddus
de nx4e, Panama City, Florida USA