For an excellent guide to setting up a Flex audio chain see this YouTube video.
http://www.eteksciki.info/video/2trJjUObLkY.html

There are enough adjustments in the embedded mixers and equalizers that most
microphones can be made to sound great!
If you don't overdrive the DIGITAL audio chain.

Also, for a textual copy of these adjustments see:
http://www.w1aex.com/psdrgain/psdrgain.html

Joe - KC2TN

Sent from my iPad