Both Harry, VA3EC, and myself are running Flex 3000s with decent PCs (mine’s a
fairly new I7 quad core running the Flex at 2% CPU using Windows 7) and we’re
both experiencing significant and obvious lag when tuning with a mouse or
especially the FlexKnob. We are using the latest edition of vspMgr and the
latest edition of SDR. Device Manager shows no port conflicts or extraneous
ports and the situation continues regardless of port assignment on the Knob.
I’ve gone into Task Manager and ended all background tasks to no effect. I’ve
also closed down all my Internet security (F-Secure) and Microsoft security
software to no effect.

Weirdly the issue is lessened significantly when the spur reduction button is
activated.

The FlexKnob works perfectly on my Flex 1500 using the same computer and
software setup so thinking the issue might be with the FireWire setup? Bought
the FireWire card from our Flex retailer (RadioWorld in Toronto) when I bought
the 3000.

Normally tuning very slowly minimizes the issue but having a rubbery effect
when tuning made the RTTY contest this weekend tough to tune and this is an
issue that likely has a solution.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Best regards,

Peter - VE3HG