I just recently acquired a Tokyo Hy-Power HL45B for use with my Flex-1500. I
also have an interface cable to
allow me to key the amp from the Flexwire I/O connector on the rear of the rig.

>From what I have read, Tokyo Hy-Power recommends using a TX Out Delay of 10MS
>after keying the Amplifier
and before applying RF.

This shouldn’t be an issue on SSB but if I am operating CW, according to my
rough calculations the on-time for a  DIT will be <10ms in
duration for code speeds in the range of 20 to 30WPM so I think that this means
that I will be losing the first DIT on any
CW transmission.

Has anyone noticed this issue using the HL45B with a Flex-1500 on CW ?

I think that my WINkeyer USB may be able to compensate for this but a good
question to ask is does the Flex-1500 internal keyer take this
into account when Antenna>FlexWire PTT Out Enabled [ON],  Delay [10ms]  is set,
and perhaps compensate for it .. or am I asking for too much ?

Michael VE3WMB