I am running PSDR 2.7.2 under Windows 7 on a Quad-Core 3.7 GHz Dell system
with 12 GB of RAM.  I've taken the following measures and find that PSDR is
usually rock solid:

*         All my drivers are up to date including that for the NVidia GT-530
card.

*         Besides the basic video driver, NVidia has two additional
processes (3D and End user experience) it likes to run.  I disable them with
no ill effects.

*         I have found it advisable to turn off Norton 360 but make sure to
restart it when PSDR has closed.  A friend of mine left his off for a week
and wound up with the Crypto Locker virus.

*         Carbonite and other cloud based back-up programs can really tear
up Power SDR.  I turn them off.

*         I've also found it advisable to disable the DX Cluster feature of
HRD unless I really need it.  I have not found that the basic call sign
lookup to QRZ causes much disruption.

My typical CPU utilization runs between .75 and 6%.  I have found that
LatencyMon from Resplendence (the free version) is a good tool (in addition
to the Flex Radio fire wire driver software) for diagnosing causes of system
latency/PSDR audio drop outs as it shows the particular device or program
causing spikes.

73

Bill Roberts- K8DXX