I agree that there have been a lot of reports of issues with v4.13, but I think you went too farin your down grade. Get v4.12 and try it. V4.09 uses an interrupt method for processing the audio datarather than the streaming method introduced in 4.10 and in my humble opinion, perfected in v4.12. There is better (lower) latency with v4.12

If you need help creating the VAC cable definitions, then you can use this registry file to create 7 VAC channels (6 is the max you can use with a 5000+RX2 and a 1500 running on the same PC and 1 channel to use as the Windows default sound device if your PC does not have a sound card or is one where the input/output lines are not active unless you have something plugged into it)

http://support.flex-radio.com/Downloads.aspx?id=396

Tim Ellison, W4TME
Customer Experience Manager
FlexRadio Systems™