This is just a proactive friendly reminder.

One of the allowed practices on the FlexRadio reflector isthe ability for Flex owners to post their FlexRadio products for sale and for perspective Flex owners the ability to solicit list members looking for second hand FlexRadio Systems products (wanted to buy or WTB posts). With the recent announcement of the FLEX-6300 Signature Series SDR, we have learned that there may be an increase in these kinds of reflector postsin the coming weeks. For your reference, here is the exact excerpt for the reflector guidelines that is applicable to this subject

"Commercial postings are allowed only if they relate to FlexRadio products, SDR, home brewing related to SDR, building etc. and are of interest to this list's membership. Please keep them as short as possible and provide web links to more detailed information. The reflector moderators will step in if we feel someone is posting too many messages of this type. Promoting freeware products that enhance the FlexRadio experience is encouraged."

Because this is an allowed practice on the reflector, receiving these types of posts via the reflector is not SPAM and should not be treated as such. Spam is unsolicited e-mail. By joining the reflector via a double opt-in process and accepting the reflector guidelines, no post received from the reflector is actually unsolicited and therefore is technically not SPAM. Please do not reportreflector posts of this nature as SPAM, as that may jeopardize our ability to maintain this reflector.

Also as noted in the guidelines listed above, the reflector admins do monitor this reflector and will intervene if WTB and "For sale" posts get excessive or start showing up for products that are not allowed by the reflector guidelines.

As per the CAN-SPAM Act, FlexRadio ensures compliance by providing a link at the bottom of each reflector e-mail for you to voluntarily opt out of the FlexRadio reflector by canceling your reflector membership if you no longer want to receive reflector posts. All you have to do is access the reflector membership page and enter the e-mail address you are subscribed to in the blank at the bottom of the page to access your account settings. Once logged in, you can unsubscribe to the reflectoror choose to temporarily stop receiving reflector posts.

Thanks for allowing me the bandwidth to share this QST. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

-Tim
--
Tim Ellison, W4TME
Customer Experience Manager