I realize that the SDR1000 is a totally different animal as far as it having an external Sound-card but with a Edirol Fa-66 you could get Jack in linux to run the radio. I've got my Flex-5000 connected to the same PC and ffado in linux recognized that it had the Flex5000 connected via firewire but there was no mixer avail so i never got it working with Jack. That was a couple of years ago so maybe Linux, ffado and Jack might still be something to look into. It would require a linux driver for the Dice chip in the Flex-5000. do the 3000 and 5000 use the same Dice chip? I think that is probably the current stumbling block. it wasn't so much the change to version 2 PowerSDR. I don't know who owns the software the Dice uses, Flexradio or TC Technologies or, if they could be persuaded to release the required driver bit's but I got curious about it after finding this PDF with Google. A SOFTWARE-DEFINED RADIO IONOSPHERIC CHIRPSOUNDER FOR HF PROPAGATION <http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/wnesl/papers/SDR_chirpsounder_nordic_hf_10.pdf> . In which they seemed to be using the Flex-5000 without going through PowerSDR If it can be done once couldn't that approach be used to get a Linux version written? I don't have the skills but somebody must. Read that PDF I linked, I looks like it's already been done.

73
 Jay - NO5J
n...@no5j.org