Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:41 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Lightning Strikes

Ouch, that is too bad.

If you haven't filed a claim on your house insurance, you need to do that
now.  They will take care of determining what has failed.  At least, that
is what I did on a hydro surge.  This is why you pay for it.

For you 5000, the easiest test is to try another computer.  However, if the
ethernet card is gone, it will have taken most other things on the bus.
But, sadly it is a crap shoot.

The 5000 should be written off by your insurance company as there is no way
to be 100% that you can repair it back to factory specs.  It just isn't
practical at all.

I say all the above as an ex Manager of a Ham Radio Store.  We would get
one of these per week and everyone was handled by the insurance.  We never
tried to repair anything as there was no way to guarantee it.   They also
have their professionals who do this.

We never had any trouble with any claims either.

Again, sorry to hear that.  It is a pain in the butt, but you should come
out ok.

Mike va3mw

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Hunter Ellington via FlexRadio <