Installed the new Win7 box, and running well, so far.

Mostly uneventful process, thank you to all who provided process and things to
back up ideas.  My dual monitor card (Zotac) was plug and play.

Two things remain, getting used to Win7

and a niggle with Fldigiā€¦.on the XP machine I could "hover" over a call sign
and Fldigi would return a pop up that either showed the "log entry" or the
country.  I compared the XP and Win7 machines for the cty.dat file and that it
was in the fldigi.files tree (this is 3.21.83) and it is/was.  But no pop up
unless the call is in my log.  I may remove and reload fldigi in a week so,
once I have a reliability base line set, to see if something happened there.

Thanks in advance, and oh, by the way,

my CPU % dropped from almost 30% with the old box - to never more than 5% with
the Win7 box

dave dabay
kd...@twlakes.net