Most of these problems show up external to the radio, so make sure you do
as much testing by changing things such as patch cables, tuners, antenna
switches, etc.

You do want to make sure you are testing into a dummy load on a very simple
setup with only the radio, wattmeter and dummy load.  If that is ok and
your number are about 90 watts or more, then you can start to look
elsewhere.

Make sure the tuner is turned off in the 5K if it is one or you have one.

I hope that helps,

Mike va3mw