From: FlexRadio [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz]On Behalf Of
Bill Tynan
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:05 PM
To: 'FlexRadio Reflector'
Subject: [Flexradio] Flex 500 Transverse Port

I am baffled.

Here's what I have:

Flex 5K

DEMI transverters for 222 and 1296

I have set the offsets for both on the transverter screen - 194 MHz for 222
and 1268 for 1296. All other parameters are the same. For both 222 and 1296.

I have been using the 222 transverter with good results.

In trying to get the 1296 set up, here is what I find:

Without either transverter powered and a 50 Ohm dummy load plugged into the
transverter port on the 5K:

Selecting 222, noise level is -131 dBm

Selecting 1296 noise level is -111 dBm

A 20 dB difference!!!!

Why should they not be the same? Both are a 28 MHz. input.

After first making sure that 10 meters was open and I was hearing signals, I
plugged the antenna into the transverter port but could hear nothing. Ok,
maybe the transverter port has a pretty low sensitivity and needs more RF,
as it would get from any transverter. So, then with the dummy load plugged
into the transverter port, I tried transmitting while listening on a
separate receiver. I heard nothing. Yes, it's only a few milliwatts, but I
would think I would be able to rear it.

Why should the noise level for the 222 and 1296 selections be different when
they are both the same 28 MHz transverter port? Aa I said, all parameters on
the transverter screen are set the same, except, of course for the frequency
off-sets.

Anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

73,