From: FlexRadio [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of
William H. Fite
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2015 9:54 AM
To: Ed Haskell
Cc: FlexRadio Reflector
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] hercules

Every time I mention this someone seems to get offended and feel the need
to flame me, but it bears saying again.  The Hercules controllers are
garage-band quality.  For many people they work very well and their owners
love them but you'll need to treat them gently.  If you push your gear hard
or move it from place to place often, you may find their lifespan limited.
Someone will now respond by telling me that he has used a Hercules on 20
DXpeditions including a week on the moon with nary a glitch.  To which I
reply, GREAT!  Just keep in mind that the Hercules brand is far from
professional quality.  If you want a controller that will really haul the
freight, look at models from Allen & Heath or Vestax.

Do I have any personal cred to say these things?  No, not really.  I went
SDR to get away from knobs and switches.  But I have a son who for twenty
years has sold this kind of gear in the professional market, including many
Hercules controllers.  He gets more of them back for repair/replacement
than any other brand.

Hope everyone's new year is off to a great start.

Bill
KJ4SLP
Bill, there are several successor models from Hercules that are supported
and seem to work as well or better than the MP3 LE.  Look on Tobias'
website for a list of supported models.

73 Ed, W1PPN

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 6:48 AM, Tom k2bew <tombew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yea, It is not cheap. There is also a regular Tmate without as many
> features that looks similar to the flex control knob, but more
> expensive than the flexcontrol at 189 Euro.
> .
> http://www.woodboxradio.com/tmate.html
>
> 73,
> Tom K2BEW
>
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 12:01 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX <c...@omen.com>
> wrote:
> > The tmate2 appears to have a 260 Euro price tag.
> >
> > It would be nice to have a second mouse or trackball map to
RIT/clarifier