Iam looking to add a external speaker to my 990, is there a big difference between the 990 speaker and the KRK-RP5G3?
73,  Andy  wa9kpz

-----Original Message----- From: William H. Fite
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:12 AM
To: Charles Reiche
Cc: FlexRadio Reflector
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Monitor Speakers

I believe you'll be better off with decent powered monitors such as these:
http://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP5G3-NA-Generation-Powered-Monitor/dp/B00FX7MMRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429160457&sr=8-1&keywords=krk+rokit+5+g3+pair

I grant you these are ten times as costly as the monoprice pair that you
referenced in your post.  However, they have several advantages.  First,
they are designed as nearfield monitors, intended for close-up listening as
you will be doing while at your rig.  They are far more capable of
resolving weak signals than lesser alternatives.  You will copy stations
with good speakers that would be lost in the weeds with the usual computer
speakers.  They also reproduce music extremely well, as they are designed
for studio production.  Good music through good speakers is very pleasant
while working CW or crawling under your desk to sort out cables.

Wince once; enjoy for a lifetime.

73
Will
KJ4SLP