I'd like to go on record that I personally subscribe to the philosophy that
the only dumb questions are the ones that are not asked.  Everyone comes to
a knowledge of various subjects at different rates and times and it would
be silly of me to disparage someone else for their lack of knowledge in a
particular subject when there are so many things about which I know so
little.

In short, let's be kind of those that are on the earlier edge of the
learning curve for SDR, FlexRadio products, PowerSDR, etc.  I have copied
the Good Reflector Etiquette section from the list guidelines below.
Thanks for your cooperation and consideration of others and keep the
questions coming.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems

4.) Good Reflector Etiquette
*** Please keep all postings cordial *** Restrain the urge to email someone
admonishing them about a posting. The last thing we want to do is to offend
anyone from using the Reflectors due to discourteous and harmful postings.
Overly aggressive postings and negative comments about other posters only
is disrespectful and serves to scare away reflector members. Before sending
your email, take a few moments to read it over to make sure you have not
inadvertently said something you did not mean to say that could hurt
someone’s feelings. Remember, often one word placed incorrectly in a
sentence can change the entire meaning of what you really want to say. . If
you have a complaint about someone or a thread, please email it directly to
list administrator found whose e-mail address is found in the footer of
every reflector post and it will be addressed as quickly as possible.

Please exercise restraint in posting when a thread is being heavily
covered. 30 posts on one topic in a day is usually excessive. Please do not
post asking people to stop a particular thread, no matter how long, off
topic or repetitive it gets. The list administrators will step in when we
feel it is necessary to end a thread.

Please do not post any direct attacks or snide comments directed at a list
member. Enthusiastic arguments and constructive criticism is encouraged,
but please keep everything cordial and friendly. Members who verbally
attack another (either via the list or via direct email) will be moderated
or removed from the reflector.

Personal attacks, flames, or strongly worded derogatory message swill not
be tolerated. (Pausing overnight before pressing the send key really
helps..)

Post that consist of obscene or vulgar,disrespectful, abusive, defamatory,
profane, raciest, or threatening language of any kind, will constitute a
violation of these guidelines resulting in immediate moderation or removal
from the reflectors.

Typed language is naturally colder than spoken language, because it is
stripped of voice inflections and body language. Quite easily, humor can be
taken as insult, especially if subtle. Some users prefer to use symbols
that hint at tone, such as the smiley face: :-) It is safest to frankly
note satirical messages.

To keep everything orderly, the Reflector moderators may intervene when
necessary to preserve the nature of this list. They will do this off-line
and occasionally to the list when it is appropriate. Our goal is to keep
the FlexRadio Reflector a fun, informative central clearinghouse for
FlexRadio Systems information and enthusiasm for software defined radios.