I have both. Define "much better". They are both good quality. The Elecraft is
as expensive and a kit. It has far more possibilities of IF power control from
1mw to 8 watts of drive. Auto band changing if you have a K3. I could go on.
The Demi is a good unit but locked in at one drive level unless later modified.
Neither receiver is appreciably better than the other. The Demi has a heat sink
but it should cause it has 60 watts output. The Elecraft has 20 watts and
choice of oven temp osc. Mine is as stable if not more than my Demi. I dismiss
the notion that an oven temp Elecraft drifts. I have two of both and each
fulfill their purpose beautifully.

Hulen Smith
K5HCS

Sent from my iPhone